Thursday 1 August 2013

What the Fuck Happened to July!?

I had so much to write about over the last month, and always some combination of lack of time, energy or will to do so.

The last 12 or so months have been shitter than average. There have been ups and downs, but the downs have been pretty bad and I'm just tired now. So it's perhaps not the best time to have to move to another city and start a whole new career path, but I'm kind of stuck with that now.

That's not to say I'm unhappy with my new job - I'm most grateful to Alison and Leila for helping me get a foot in the door - but just that I'm in a generally bad mood because of life in general. I'm sure I'll make a fine development economist, and I really couldn't see myself cycling through the annual education routine over and over for the rest of my life. But I'd finally gotten really on top of teaching and felt like I knew what I was doing. Learning a new thing from not-quite-scratch again seems a little daunting. Leaving behind my social life is extra painful, and I'm not quite sure how I'll cope with that.

And that's why I've been silent for a month. Plenty to go back and report on belatedly, but in a week or two. For now, I just need a vent and a chance to breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment