Thursday 25 August 2011

Consilience #24: Featuring Me!!!

I'm audible! The Consilientists asked me to be a guest host on their podcast, and I think it went pretty damn well for my first time trying anything like this. I struggle to even get skype working, but they have some really nice new equipment, which made it hard for me to screw up too badly. Even so, somehow (I reject the "I pulled the cable out" hypothesis, on the basis of shut up!), the last few minutes of my voice went missing. This included that week's skeptical scifi quote, which I'd volunteered from Doctor Who (putting down vitalism: "What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh."), and my plug of this blog, so nothing big. Oh well.

I'm really pleased with the rest of it, though, and Angela, Mike and Owen were a lot of fun to record with. I was a little uncertain near the start, and it didn't help that we'd only just found that Lake Nyos story, so I didn't know as much about it as I'd have liked, but once we started on the stories I was more familiar with, I think my voice clearly gets more confident and the facts I made up on the spot seem more believable.

You can find the file and the show notes here:
http://consiliencecast.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/episode-24-fairies-asteroids-and-psychic-mediums/

No comments:

Post a Comment